Thursday 11 September 2014

Goods Island

On Sunday 31st August I went with a group of friends to Goods Island. One of those friends has a boat! And was nice enough to take an early trip over and back just so I could get to work on time (I started at 1pm that arvo). Goods Island is about 20 mins away by boat, west of TI. We had a bit of free time to relax and explore the beach, while more people were picked up from TI and then we went for a walk up to the light house. This was followed by a walk down a very steep rail track and then a bush walk back up another hill to some war shelters. It was then a rush back to the boat and back to TI, where I got home at 12.30 - just enough time to have a shower and gobble down some food before starting work fairly exhausted especially after a late night from the Wongai Ball. But I had a great time. Would have loved to have had a swim after our walk as the water was so amazing, but I will have to save that for next time.

Good bye TI

Our destination

so beautiful

















 




These bottles are from approx the 1940's






Our next destination


So steep!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment